A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information it contains and the way you use your computer, they can be used to recognise the user. Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating the navigation and usability of our website.
Types of cookies
Below is a classification of cookies according to a series of categories. However, it is necessary to bear in mind that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
1. Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them. Depending on the entity that manages the equipment or domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- First-party cookies: these are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
2. Types of cookies according to the period of time they remain activated:
- Session cookies: these are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website.
- Persistent cookies: these are a type of cookie in which the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3. Types of cookies according to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: these are those that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist therein.
- Personalisation cookies: these are cookies that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal.
- Analysis cookies: these are cookies that allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked.
- Advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency at which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these are cookies that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
In accordance with the provisions of article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), RHernandez, S.L. informs of the cookies used on our website:
- Third-party technical cookies.
- Persistent technical cookies.
How to disable cookies in the most commonly used browsers.
Likewise, RHernandez, S.L. informs the user that they have the possibility of configuring their browser so that they are informed of the reception of cookies, being able, if they so wish, to prevent them from being installed on their hard drive. Below, we provide links to various browsers, through which you can make this configuration:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/cookies-informacion-que-los-sitios-web-guardan-en-?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies#w_configurar-las-cookies
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Explorer, versiones 7 y 8: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-ES/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Explorer, versión 9: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Safari 5.1, OS X Lion: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?viewlocale=es_ES
- Safari, IOS: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
- Android: https://support.google.com/android/?hl=es
- Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/es-ES/how-to/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings
- Blackberry: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/18578/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp